Betta Sorority tankmates

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

tinafooster

Registered Member
Jun 7, 2012
I have a 30 gallon tank with 11 Betta sororities and 4 ghost shrimps. I have had these girls together in the same tank since March 2012. Two days ago, I inherited 2 gold barbs and 6 neon tetras. My question is, can I add the newly inherited fishes to my 30 gallon sorority tank? Would u be overstocking the tank? I have an aqua clear 70 in this tank.

JamieMonster

AC Members
Mar 16, 2012
Chicagoland, USA
Real Name
Jamie
Hello! How are your girls personality wise? I can't add anything in with my 5 psychos, or they rip it to shreds in seconds. If you're going to try to add tank mates, I would suggest taking the girls out- doing a total re-scape in the tank, so they think they went somewhere new, and don't recognize the tank, add the other fish, and then add the girls back in. I don't know if you have mellow ladies, but mine are super cranky, and very territorial with pretty much everything but themselves. Are gold barbs nippy? I don't know about barbs with bettas, as I've never tried it. The neons would be fine- if you're going to try the barbs, I'd up their school to 6, so they are less likely to be aggressive. You should be ok with stocking that in that size tank, and your filtration would be good.

tinafooster

Registered Member
Jun 7, 2012
My girls get along very well with one another. No nips whatsoever. They were from the same spawn and have lived together since birth. I got them when they were 2 months old. They are all light peach colored plakats. Hoping to add some colors with the new additions.

JamieMonster

AC Members
Mar 16, 2012
Chicagoland, USA
Real Name
Jamie
My girls get along very well with one another. No nips whatsoever. They were from the same spawn and have lived together since birth. I got them when they were 2 months old. They are all light peach colored plakats. Hoping to add some colors with the new additions.
The neons would be a stunning contrast to that! The gold barbs would also be a nice compliment to the peach girls. Looking forward to seeing pics when you're all done. :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store