Synos bullying my pleco?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Manafel

AC Members
Oct 10, 2011
Tulsa, OK
Real Name
Kayla
I have a 75 gal tank right now with 3 synodotis and 1 sailfin pleco. I have had the Synos longer than I have had the pleco. When I got him, his fins were already in bad shape, they have healed, but I am noticing that someone has been really picking on him, and he has been developing white round spots on his body, they look like he's been bitten, they are sunken in. When I feed, I notice that the Synos come out and always go after what the pleco is eating, and they are pretty ruthless about it. I think the injuries are happening at night. Here are a few pictures of the white spots.
They heal up and more show up sometimes. Should I get rid of the Synos to keep the pleco from getting beaten up?

These pics were a few days ago, today his fins are really beat up.
Sent from my PC36100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Big Mike

Large Member
Sep 8, 2009
IL
Real Name
Huge Mike
I had to rehome my syno to another tank because he wouldnt leave my pleco alone.

Manafel

AC Members
Oct 10, 2011
Tulsa, OK
Real Name
Kayla
Ok, thanks for the input, I will have to home them though, because I don't have a tank to keep them in long term.

Manafel

AC Members
Oct 10, 2011
Tulsa, OK
Real Name
Kayla
It looks like his white spot is getting worse and possibly infected, can anyone point out if I need to medicate, or if its just a wound that will heal?

Manafel

AC Members
Oct 10, 2011
Tulsa, OK
Real Name
Kayla
Well I put him in his own 20L tank with plants and driftwood. Half dosed with melafix. I will be doing 50% waterchanges a day, hopefully he will improve.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store