Hello

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Evanwwilliams

Registered Member
Jul 22, 2012
Lubbock, Tx
Real Name
Evan
Having only had a fish for 2 months now I still don't know much about being a fish owner so I thought I would join a forum to get some advice from seasoned fish owners. I currently have a single female betta in a gallon tank, but am looking to move up to a 10g tank. She has seemed less active lately and I am hoping a move to something bigger will not only allow her to swim more freely but have some friends as well. I welcome any advice (or criticism if/when neccessary).

Thanks,

Evan

Last edited:

Semilla

AC Members
Jun 2, 2012
Madison, WI
Real Name
Semilla
The upgrade is an excellent idea! Bettas really need 2.5 gallons at bare minimum, 5 is better, and in a 10 you will have a very happy betta. Make sure you havea heater appropriate for the tank, and a bit of filtration. I use small sponge filters, they work great.
What did you mean by friends? Not bettas, I hope?

Sent from my SCH-R930 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Evanwwilliams

Registered Member
Jul 22, 2012
Lubbock, Tx
Real Name
Evan
No not bettas i have another post in the bettas forum asking for advice on that. Im not sure what to mix with her...but i know that other bettas are a no-no

Semilla

AC Members
Jun 2, 2012
Madison, WI
Real Name
Semilla
Well, then it depends on the betta. I have one that lives nicely with small mystery snails, but kills ghost shrimp, and one that so far its fine with the shrimp but I can't keep a snail in her tank, I keep finding them dead.. Lots of people have success with bettas and other fish, everyone else has horror stories. From what I read you want fish that do not have flowing fins our bright colors, our fish that are overly active. Maybe female guppies, or endler's livebearers?

Sent from my SCH-R930 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Welcome to AC!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store