Starting a new tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Evanwwilliams

Registered Member
Jul 22, 2012
Lubbock, Tx
Real Name
Evan
Im going to get a 10g tank for my female Betta Valentina, and i was looking for suggestions on what kinds of fish should i put with her and about how many fish would a 10g tank house and sustain well. Also this is only my second tank my first one being the 1g that Valentina currently lives in. But she has become less active and is eating less, and im getting worried so im hoping that the move and new fish will be of a major help...

Open to any and all suggestions

thanks in advanced,

Evan

Windy

AC Members
May 30, 2007
Theed Palace on Naboo
Real Name
Lazaro
Well, how often are you doing water changes in the 1 gallon? The 1 gallon is a minimum size tank for a Betta. What are the water parameters? for a 10 gallon tank, you are limited to a certain amount of fish you can house in there. You plan on putting your betta in that 10 gallon so you can add another 6 fish to it. You can add a school of Harlequin rasboras, a school of neon tetras or cardinal tetras, glowlight tetras or some pygmy cories and a snail. Make sure you have a good heater and good filtration. Good Luck.

livebearerfreak

you are hypnotized! LOL
May 31, 2005
fairchild wi 54741
Real Name
douglas harvey
with a betta ( female at that ) i would do 6 neons, and maybe 3 kuhli loaches. i wouldnt do any corys in a 10.

Ptrick125

Learning a lot everyday
Feb 2, 2012
Georgetown(Near Austin) ,Texas
www.patrick.international
Real Name
Patrick
with a betta ( female at that ) i would do 6 neons, and maybe 3 kuhli loaches. i wouldnt do any corys in a 10.
IMO kuhli's get too big for a 10

But cardinal, black neon, and neon tetras would be a good choice for a 10

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Ballyhoo

AC Members
Jun 27, 2010
Fairfield, CA
Id do just the betta fishwise and tons of plants, then add some red cherry shrimp.

Sent from my Droid using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store