Dwarf Gourami Breeding

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Cowgrl4life

AC Members
Dec 25, 2011
Fort Scott, KS
www.facebook.com
Real Name
Carissa
Earlier this week I picked up a pair of powder blue dwarf gourami's, little did I know that when I woke up this morning (less than a week after getting them) That the male would have already built a bubble nest and be in the process of trying to entice the female. This is great, and I'm ready to raise any fry they may throw at me, but I need all the advice I can get on raising them. When I was younger I bred Betta's a few times, but never could get the fry to survive past a week or two at the most. I'd like to do better this time. If anyone can fill me in on how to start an infusoria culture, differences between betta fry and gourami fry, etc. It would be greatly appreciated. (picture is from a couple days ago)
Gourami's.JPG

Gourami's.JPG

ppetropulo

AC Members
Jun 14, 2012
Colorado
Truthfully, I've never bred gouramis, although I would like to, but I have some tips on raising fry in general. When mine were first born, I fed them the yolk of a hard boiled egg mixed with some water to form a paste, then put little squirts into the tank about 6 times a day. I would also suggest that you separate the parents from the fry once they hatch, so they won't get eaten or have to fight for food. Once they get a little bigger, you can feed them live or frozen baby brine shrimp. Also, be sure to do water changes every day, to keep water quality up and remove uneaten food. Hope this helps!

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
Infusoria is best for first few days, then micro worms and Vingar eels. They do eat a lot, and must have clean water===twice daily WC is recommended.

PS---I agree with PPETROPULO....See above.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store