Hey there! I need some Balloon Molly info, please!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

CaeTheHedgie

AC Members
Jun 12, 2012
Real Name
Caelyn
Hello! My name is Caelyn and I have 2 Balloon Mollies and a medium fantail Goldfish.

I have a white male balloon molly named Nitro (I know, I'm lame. I name my fish Lol) and a fantail Goldfish of unknown gender named Pumpkin :) I also have a female orange balloon molly that I bought pregnant. Her name is Peach, or Mrs. P is what I've been calling her. I'm not sure how long it will be til she drops her fry, but shes pretty big. I have a breeder box to put her in before she gives birth.
I like chubby/fat fish.
I HATE when people say how horrible balloon mollies are!
I know your probably wondering if my mollies and Pumpkin are in the same tank, right? Well the anwers YES. They get along perfectly fine. But I've read that a pregnant molly will be a bit aggressive, so maybe thats why Mrs. P picks a tad bit at Pumpkin...

I'll attach pics later, when I get more fish!

If anyone has any tips, that'd be great! Thanks! :newbie:

AquaticAustin

AC Members
Sep 29, 2011
Orlando, Fl (UCF)
Iv had my balloon bellies for almost a year and a half now and out of the 5 I have 2 left. Honestly I do believe they have sometimes messed up genes that lead to problems in health but I also like them alot also. I have one of my surviving molies is a female and the other is a male and she is frequently pregnant but I dont help I just let the fry get eaten. (there In my 75 gal comunity). They can be a little nippy to some other fish but I have largely found they are too slow/clumsy fish to do any damage

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

CaeTheHedgie

AC Members
Jun 12, 2012
Real Name
Caelyn
Thanks! I think the breed might be a bit deformed to make the belly big, but they are still cute!

Last edited:

CaeTheHedgie

AC Members
Jun 12, 2012
Real Name
Caelyn
Here are the pics (even though I didn't get anymore fish yet)!
And I'll also include a video tour of my fish tank!
My fish2.JPGMy fish1.jpg [video=youtube;MmS8joo4cmI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmS8joo4cmI&feature=youtu.be[/video]

My fish2.JPG My fish1.jpg

Last edited:

AquaticAustin

AC Members
Sep 29, 2011
Orlando, Fl (UCF)
I suppose I will be the first to say this, unfortunately you are quite overstocked. All of those fish require a larger tank, the goldfish needing the biggest tank

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Welcome to AC!

ppetropulo

AC Members
Jun 14, 2012
Colorado
Welcome! As someone above me said, yah, way over stocked. Its truthfully no wonder you lost all those molly's! No offense, I'm sure you're just learning. I would ditch the goldfish, which will get way to huge, and stock with little fish like guppies and, uh, shrimp or neon tetras. Think little from here on out, and you'll be fine. Good luck!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store