Alto comp/calv Questions

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

dbcb314

Hates the Overstocking Police
Apr 12, 2003
Indiana
Visit site
I finally bit the bullet and pick up some alto comps (sign said they were reds but idk for sure) and had a couple questions...

1) Are they always a very "shy" fish? I saw them eat yesterday finally which was very encouraging and they seem to be coming out of hiding a tad more but they are very reclusive.

2) What do you guys feed them to color them up?

3) Any aggression between different species? I have two "reds" but I want to pick up a black or white calvus the store has too. Any problems with that/

Thanks for you time.

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Depends on tank size, I have a 120gal Calvus tank with 13 Calvus same species almost full grown, they stay out and display with minimal fighting.. I also have another 120gal Compressicep tank with 3 different species of Comp's about 18 Comp's total but of various sizes but still small..

I feed very high protein foods, pellets and flakes.. The fish will be shy at first but should come around, make sure there are a lot of hiding spaces with rocks and such and they should feel secure to display themselves..

What size is your tank..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store