Jaguar cichlids had babies

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Jag586

AC Members
May 29, 2012
Whats the next step? I have like 500 wigglers can I leave them with the parents for a few weeks then move them to my 50 gallon?

Sent from my LS670 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

ppetropulo

AC Members
Jun 14, 2012
Colorado
Ugghhhh... I truthfully have no idea what you should do. Sorry! Congratulations though! Umm... Look it up online. They have to have something about it. For now, feed them infusia, and baby brine shrimp. You should probably move them to the 50 gal. as they get bigger, too. Not sure about the parents though. Good Luck! Hope this helps!

Wyomingite

Fish Wrangler
Oct 16, 2008
Wonderful Windy Wyoming
Real Name
Ivan
I wait until the fry are a coupla weeks old or so before transferring 'em. For one thing, I never seem to be gentle enough with the fry until they're a few weeks old, and end up losing a fair number (fair number = most). Waitin' lets them build a little size and strength. For another, nearly as soon as the fry are gone, the male will wanna mate again. Leavin' the fry with the parents gives the female a bit of a reprieve from that and a bit of extra time to recover.

WYite

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store