Lets discuss controllers

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

TL1000RSquid

AC Members
Apr 6, 2011
NY
I'm thinking about picking up an Apex system, still open to other suggestions though, $500 is the top of my budget right now though in the future adding more modules would be likely. I'd like to be able to scale back on all the stuff I have JBJ ATO, JBJ and Azoo temp controllers, hydor wavemaker, lights are currently controlled by Home Depot surge protector. Email/Text notification of problems is nice.

So what system are you running, are you happy with it? What don't you like about it?

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Have not got to the point where I feel I need a controller but I know its something that will make my life easier. My LFS and a buddy of mine have an Apex and it does everything you could possibly want. Another plus to them is most of the higher end light fixtures are compatible with them right out of the box. Several others in my area run the bare bones DA RKL and that would probably be enough for me.

The main reason I want one is to control my heaters :).

TL1000RSquid

AC Members
Apr 6, 2011
NY
I have the JBJ and Azoo heater controllers, the Azoo isn't that great I've had problems a couple times, the JBJ isn't bad but new they go for like $100, you can get the bottom end Apex for a little bit more. I think the Apex is compatible with my Tek fixture, doubtful my coralife or oddysea's have the right ballasts.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store