Frontosa tankmates?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

northwellguy

AC Members
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I have a 75g tank
lots of filtration
4 frontosa all about 2 inches

can i add any tankmates?

if so, what?

please no long scientific names - i won't understand them

thanks

wienerdog

AC Members
Jan 20, 2011
agreed...75g is really maxed out with any fronts. Fronts can get crazy big and require swimming room. If you intend on either upgrading or selling them, then maybe consider some small mates. Otherwise, keep in mind how large they can get. Fronts have a great demeanor.

Manafel

AC Members
Oct 10, 2011
Tulsa, OK
Real Name
Kayla
Fronts are great fish, but they should never be kept in a tank any shorter than 5 feet long term. Frontosa can get up to 15 inches if given proper housing and food. They are also colony fish, without a proper colony, they tend to get stressed. Unless you can upgrade to something bigger in the very near future I would either rehome them, or not add anything else to the tank.

Sent from my PC36100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
The good thing is that they grow slow and will allow you some time to save up for a larger tank, minimal would be a 5' 120gal for about 5 Front's.. As of now with them being 2" in a 75gal you can add a couple of young groups of Tang's so that when the Front's move out they can stay there and continue to colonialize, 6 Calvus and a group of Julidochromis or Lelupi will look nice..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store