Got 2 new bettas

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Flower1982

AC Members
Sep 29, 2005
Pennsylvania
Real Name
Jess
The halfmoon betta in my 29 gallon tank reccently died. I can't imagine not keeping a betta in my community tank, so I got a male delta tail betta. So far he's doing great, and everyone seems to be getting along.
The Friday I found a baby betta at petco and I admit he was an impulse buy. Right now I have him in about a 2 gallon container. He swims up to the front of tank to look at you when your in front of his tank. I think he's some kind of double tail but not sure what kind since he's so small.
Anyway, here is a picture of my new bettas: (sorry if the pictures aren't very good. i'll try to get better pictures later)

Delta tail

Baby betta

TL1000RSquid

AC Members
Apr 6, 2011
NY
Very nice looking Delta, no room right now for anymore betta's but when the time comes to get another I'd like to find a white or black.

Flower1982

AC Members
Sep 29, 2005
Pennsylvania
Real Name
Jess
Thanks TL1000RSquid. I'd love to get a black betta someday :)

fineexampl

noob
Feb 21, 2009
Mount Laurel, NJ
How is the baby acting? My wife is buying one soon and i'm curious. Setting up it's tank tonight with a loaner from my 46gal to keep things in order and ensure the cycle.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Flower1982

AC Members
Sep 29, 2005
Pennsylvania
Real Name
Jess
The baby betta is doing great so far. Whenever I go over to check on him, he swims to the front of his tank and looks at me lol. He doesn't seem to have a problem eating at all. I crushed up some pellet food for him which he hasn't had any problems with. He wouldn't touch the flake food I tried to feed him. Now the baby betta I got was one of the larger ones of the baby bettas. I'd try and get the larger baby bettas. I would think the larger ones are more hardy than the smaller ones.

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
gorgeous white betta you got there!

and the 'baby' looks like a female double tail. cute lil bugger :)

Flower1982

AC Members
Sep 29, 2005
Pennsylvania
Real Name
Jess
Thanks for saying my delta tail is gorgeous and for iding my baby betta. How could you tell it was a female since she's still small?

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
short fins, more rounded tummy region, less arch to the spine/back than a male, and i think i can see the teensiest bit of her ovipositor (the white nub between the ventral fins on a female betta).

i personally have never seen a plakat fin type (short finned) male at any store, other than the one i bought that was listed as female (back when i was first learning about bettas, i didn't know how to tell either then! lol).

Flower1982

AC Members
Sep 29, 2005
Pennsylvania
Real Name
Jess
Thanks I knew females had shorter fins but I didn't know about the other differences between male and female bettas. Thanks for the information :)

Ptrick125

Learning a lot everyday
Feb 2, 2012
Georgetown(Near Austin) ,Texas
www.patrick.international
Real Name
Patrick
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store