Help

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Jag586

AC Members
May 29, 2012
After a very close call of my lady jag almost dying after breeding I want to stop them from breeding till they are like a year old (4months now) I read common pleco will eat the eggs... Could I add some fish for him to chase so keeps his mind outta gutter? I dont want to seperate them since they get along so well id be scared theyd fight when back together

Sent from my LS670 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

ppetropulo

AC Members
Jun 14, 2012
Colorado
Umm... I don't know about the whole pleco. thing, but if you want some dither fish, you could get some harlequins rasboras, tetras, rosy barbs, ect. to distract the male. You could also put a divider in the tank with the female on one side and the male on the other, just until they're older, which may help keep their bond. Good Luck!

user_name

Senior_Member
May 23, 2010
Mass
Real Name
Cam
Giant danios are great dithers for my JD, although I'm not sure if that will carry over to breeding jags or not. GD's are cheap, eat pretty much anything, look nice, and are either too big/fast for them to eat.

japbart

AC Members
Jun 9, 2012
Giant danios are great dithers for my JD, although I'm not sure if that will carry over to breeding jags or not. GD's are cheap, eat pretty much anything, look nice, and are either too big/fast for them to eat.
+1 on the GD's they look good and they provide a lot of activity on the the portion of the tank.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
If the fish are kept together under suitable conditions of water quality and diet they will breed again, and when that happens,I wouldn't want to be one of the fish that you put in "to try to keep them from breeding"!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store