Jaguar Picture

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
An awesome fish!

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Nice looking Jag. How big is he so far? Doesn't look full grown yet. I remember mine way back when and boy was he mean. Best way I could describe his temperment was as Hyper Aggressive. Nice fish though. Mine died at the age of like 11-12yrs old. Hope yours lives that long or even longer.

Wyomingite

Fish Wrangler
Oct 16, 2008
Wonderful Windy Wyoming
Real Name
Ivan
Nice jag!

WYite

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
Nice Jag. They're funny, entertaining fish and I hope to get another one some day.

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
I orginally fed mine goldfish that was before I knew they were bad for them. I stopped when he got a severe case of ick from the goldfish so I brought him back from the brink of death and changed his diet to pelleted food. Hikari Bio-Gold is what he got. His colors improved greatly and so did his energy level which just helped him become even more territorial lol.

My uncle had came over and put his hand to the tank and my Jag was just like whatever. He told me he aint mean. I told him he doesn't go after hands but kept putting his hand and well he wouldn't go after it. Told my uncle to put his face to the tank then back up he did it and boom he hit the glass hard trying to get my uncle. Eyes were blood shot red. Of course we got his GF at the time to do the same except this time the Jag was close to the top of the tank and with his speed he made water splash out from the back of the tank. It scared the heck out of her. She left the room mad lol. But yeah I miss my Jag. Very interactive fish.

I have had Loisellei's and they don't seem to interact much. My Motag doesn't interact with me either unless it see's the food dropping into the tank. Even though I have a tank that could house one for its life span (135 gallon) I wouldn't buy another one. Or at least not anytime soon. Im trying to go the more peaceful route now. Starting to collect pleco's over cichlids. Love both species of fish but leaning more for the pleco's right now. I do own my RTM and 3 Freddy's still along with 2 different species of Thorichthys (6 of each). But yea wont be getting any more.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store