Competition!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
So I took my 9 yr old granddaughter out with me for her first experience at fish collecting yesterday. We were sampling Kepner Creek, a PA approved trout stream very close to home. It was a somewhat slow day, we caught a few Blacknose Dace, a Tesselated Darter, and a bunch of Crayfish. But the population of the Crays was staggering! In one stretch I would estimate 3-5 little babies per square foot. They were everywhere! But our most interesting catch, if you could call it that was this 5" Redbreasted Sunfish which my granddaughter noticed and pointed out to me as a dead fish. I picked it up and found it was still barely alive, and had this nasty gouge out of his back. I guess we weren't the only ones on the creek that day!

IMG_20120805_100529.jpg IMG_20120805_100546.jpg

maverickbr77

la-te-da
Jan 26, 2009
Lowville, NY
Real Name
Adam
there is a stream near me that i don't go in because the cray's are everywhere and aggressive. They will come out and pinch you if you touch the bottom of the creek. Great place to drop a trap for a couple hours and get lunch though :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store