senegal bichr has red fin

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
so my senegal bichr has a blood red fin. it is the whole fin. one of the front ones by the head. its the same one with the nipped back fin. what could this be and what do i do?

Manafel

AC Members
Oct 10, 2011
Tulsa, OK
Real Name
Kayla
What are your water parameters and tank size with tankmates?

Sent from my PC36100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
120 gallon
1-blood parrot
1-kirin parrot
1-blue gourami
3-congo tetras
2-senegal bichrs(including this one)
1-bristlenose pleco
the last time i checked was about a week and a half ago before a water change and it was 0,0,5

Manafel

AC Members
Oct 10, 2011
Tulsa, OK
Real Name
Kayla
The only thing I could think it to be would either be internal hemorraging or some type of bacterial infection? It's def. Not normal though. Sorry, I hope someone can come in with better advice.

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
so the red has went away on half the fin. i also noticed that one fin is smaller i dont know if its a deformity or if its nipped. i really dont know whats nipping him. i dont even know if my other senegal is alive. i havent seen it in a while.

Manafel

AC Members
Oct 10, 2011
Tulsa, OK
Real Name
Kayla
Could be an aggressive blood parrot or the pleco. have you tried watching them at night to see if the harassment is happening then?

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
the blood parrot cant close its mouth so i dont know how he could do that. i havent seen the pleco interact with any of my senegals.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store