can i put a chiclid with these fish?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

tire

AC Members
Feb 17, 2004
College Station, TX
Visit site
2 small tiger barbs
3 large tiger barbs
2 large (for what they are) swordtails
2 platys
2 blue rams (dwarf chiclids)

would there be a cichlid i could put in this tank? it is a 45 gal hex. my swordtails school with my tiger barbs, is this normal? they are hardcore fearless little fish, especially thefemale. :)

also, will a crawfish eat my blue rams, they are small.

thanks!

PumaWard

In loving memory of Meeko
Jul 23, 2003
Vermont
Cray fish will eat any and all of your fish if they get a hold of them. They are real little terrors.

I would say you shouldn't get anymore cichlids, tiger barbs would pick on anything like an angel and any other cichlids would pick/be picked on by your rams.

rich

AC Members
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
id agree your tank is good. any fancy small fish will be picked on by the barbs, and there will be aggresion between your rams and any other smallish cichlids you put in there. sound like you need another tank in the house to me! look in the paper and get a 55, then youve got a pile of fish you can add to it.

if you really had to add some fish id say stick with lower level ones. some cories, kuhils, small pleco, bristlenose cat, hillstream loach, amano shrimp. those would have their own tank niche to hang out in.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store