Silly Americans...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Greatkhali96

AC Members
Aug 7, 2012
I've seen a lot of info on the internet about using "pantyhose" to cover filters to reduce livebearer fry mortality rates. I have no idea what pantyhose is?! Is it some kind of product?! I live in the UK, is it available here?

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
Yes they are available in the UK under another name. Nylon Stockings ia another name we use here. I know they are expensive in the UK and US so generally you want a pair that has runs in them and are being trashed unless you want to spend the money. They are like tights but of a thinner material.

Greatkhali96

AC Members
Aug 7, 2012
so the term pantyhose encompasses everything from jegging kind of stuff to invisible tights?
I get it now :) thanks!

Semilla

AC Members
Jun 2, 2012
Madison, WI
Real Name
Semilla
No, pantyhose is just the thin nylon tights. Jeggings are another beast entirely.

Sent from my SCH-R930 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Fish-Addict

AC Members
Dec 7, 2008
Buckinghamshire, England
Real Name
Sam
What, like the tights women wear on their legs?
Yes. Anywhere sells them, Marks, Superdrug, Tesco, etc

Yes they are available in the UK under another name. Nylon Stockings ia another name we use here. I know they are expensive in the UK and US so generally you want a pair that has runs in them and are being trashed unless you want to spend the money. They are like tights but of a thinner material.
Expensive? They are sold pretty cheaply here for a box of 3 or more, my girlfriend gets through a box of them a week as apparently you can't wear the same pair twice... :screwy:

You don't want the thick woven ones, the elastic-like sheer ones are what I use.

Fish-Addict

AC Members
Dec 7, 2008
Buckinghamshire, England
Real Name
Sam

Greatkhali96

AC Members
Aug 7, 2012
Thanks for your help guys :)
Still a bit unsure exactly what a pantyhose is, but if what you're saying is true, and they're synonymous with tights, I'll go out and get a pair tommorow :)
Do you think I'll get an odd look if I ask my girlfriend for a pair of her old tights? ;D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store