Fish traumatized from shipping... Anything I can do?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ppetropulo

AC Members
Jun 14, 2012
Colorado
I just got an order of fish, and one of them looked fine, the other one not so much. When I took him out of the package, I actually thought he was dead. The one I quarantined off for an hour, gave some stress coat, and he started to show some really good improvment, looking like, well a normal fish again. So, I put him into his new home. He doesn't look terrible, but he's certanly not looking good. He barely swims, and when he does, it looks like he doesn't even use his tail fin, only his side ones. His bud is being very gentle with him, basically just following him around and keeping other fish away. He's also breathing really hard. Is there anything I can do for him? I feel really bad for him. Thanks in advance!

mr.bigglesworth

AC Members
Feb 19, 2012
Norcal, East Bay Area
Real Name
Ryan
The only thing you can really do is keep the water quality good. Try not to change more than 50% of the water at a time. Give him a nice quiet spot to rest so as to not be bothered. Maybe lower the temp a few degrees to raise the oxygen content to he doesn't have to breath so hard. Other than that not much.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store