Did I make the right choice?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

TheRealKrafty

AC Members
Jul 30, 2012
Today I got a Blue Turquoise Discus and I want to start a discus tank. I had 9 Mollys and 14 Tiger Barbs in the tank with them and the fast swimmers were freaking the Discus out so I moved the mollys and tiger barbs to my other tank. Was this a wise choice since mollys and tiger barbs were trying to nip at my Discus's fins?
Blue Turquoise Discus.jpg

Blue Turquoise Discus.jpg

Oct 31, 2009
CA
Real Name
Sho
Mollys and tiger barbs are not great tankmates with discus. Discus are better off in their own species tank or with non-aggressive schoolers like neon tetras or cardinals (if they don't get eaten).

Ptrick125

Learning a lot everyday
Feb 2, 2012
Georgetown(Near Austin) ,Texas
www.patrick.international
Real Name
Patrick
Mollys and tiger barbs are not great tankmates with discus. Discus are better off in their own species tank or with non-aggressive schoolers like neon tetras or cardinals (if they don't get eaten).
I agree with sora1000

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

rufioman

"That guy"
Aug 16, 2010
Northern Arizona, USA.
Real Name
Heath
Bad idea, bro...discus are slow-moving and hate boisterous fish.

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
You made a very common beginner's mistake. You thought you could put Discus into a tank with other fish. The deal is that you can put some other fish into a Discus tank.

Samsmobb

AC Members
Feb 1, 2012
Gaithersburg Maryland
Good luck, that was deff a beginners mistake.. Discus won't thrive in water Molly's thrive in. They can't compete with tigers, n they deff won't do to well alone, they are school fish and best to get 5-6 of them or any less and they will be high chances of an unbalanced pecking order

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store