changing up the 20L

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ssuchem13

Tower Tank Master
Oct 4, 2011
chicagoland
Real Name
Eric
so ive decide i want to change up my 20 long,
ive decided on this possible stocking and i wanna see what you guys think.
the plan is to move the frogs and the platties to a 10g.
so my stocking would look like this.
1 golden gourami
1 bolivian ram
1 flag fish
albino corries
green tiger barbs

im wondering how many of the corries and tiger barbs i should add, i currently have 3 albinos and thinking of atleast a total of 5, maybe 7
as for the barbs i have 2 atm, but i want maybe 5-7 also
its a prettyheavily planted tank aswell, lots of floaters, over filtered, etc
the flag fish is the remaining one of a trio i bought over 6 months ago.
input is much welcomed

rufioman

"That guy"
Aug 16, 2010
Northern Arizona, USA.
Real Name
Heath
Albinos get relatively large after a while so I would still with 4-5 with 5 being my absolute max. A 20 long does give you more options because of its length though. I would go 5 of the green barbs, but I'd imagine they get relatively large for a 20 long.

ssuchem13

Tower Tank Master
Oct 4, 2011
chicagoland
Real Name
Eric
i guess 5 and 5 are the way to go then. i really like the green barbs because of their striking color, and i think the albinos are great contrast. i love the albino corries because they actually swim up to mid level on occasion, they are very active little guys, while the pygmies are just kinda meh. im selling the pygmies to a friend of mine or well kinda trading for some stuff not fish related. but thankfully this friend listens to advice and has a 20 for them to go into. i finally rehomed the rainbow shark i got from a friend as a rescue sorta, so i feel like taking my 20 back lol gonna upgrade to another tetra whisper 30i to replace the 10 in there now so ill have 2 of the 30i s on it so ill be happy with that filtration i think. gonna probably run carbon too as a personal preference.

rufioman

"That guy"
Aug 16, 2010
Northern Arizona, USA.
Real Name
Heath
I enjoy the green barbs as well. The albinos will look super awesome in a tank with something so colorful. It takes the corys and barbs while to grow anyways. That'll be more than enough filtration and water changes should be super easy if it's only 20g. Good luck with it ssuchem :)

ssuchem13

Tower Tank Master
Oct 4, 2011
chicagoland
Real Name
Eric
I enjoy the green barbs as well. The albinos will look super awesome in a tank with something so colorful. It takes the corys and barbs while to grow anyways. That'll be more than enough filtration and water changes should be super easy if it's only 20g. Good luck with it ssuchem :)
than man, i appreciate it, i think it will give it a great look, no more of the hodge podge community look

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store