Poor Baby Angel:(

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ppetropulo

AC Members
Jun 14, 2012
Colorado
So, I have this one angel, that is constantly picked on by every other fish in the tank,and she literally just does not know how to stand up for herself! She has almost completely lost her dorsal fin, so I went ahead and moved her into my small 20 gal. with a pearl gourami, a baby platy, baby molly, some white cloud minnows, and weird little yellow guy. I thought that she would be fine in there, and that the only fish that may possibly mess with her is the gourami. So, I go back up there and look in, and instead my baby platy is sitting there nipping her fins!! And she is veeerrry slowly swimming away, while he's sitting there taking chunks off her! I quickly scooped her out and put her in a refugium on the side of my tank. She's ok now, but I don't know what to do with her!! Do you think she will ever be able to stand up for herself? Or would I be better off just taking her back to the fish store, and getting an angel that can and will defend itself. The other one is fine, and chases the rosy barbs away, but she just lets them nip her!!

Captain Jim

AC Members
May 12, 2012
I recently became interested in angelfish... I'll give yours a home if you are at a loss. I have a dwarf gourami, one cherry barb and a handfull of blackskirt tetras to trade. My problem would be finding someone to help me ship-ready these fish. Just an idea. Jim

ppetropulo

AC Members
Jun 14, 2012
Colorado
Where are you located? Do you have any other equipment, decor., or livestock to trade? I just haven't had the best luck with those fish is all. Dwarf gourami was a jerk, blackskirt tetras nip fins, and cherry barbs have to be in groups, and you've only got one. Thanks for the offer though and let me know! Thanks! P.S. If there's any one else located nearby, or with anything to trade, even if I do have to ship, feel free to post it!

Captain Jim

AC Members
May 12, 2012
Hello, ppetropulo.. I'm in central Florida, near Ocala. I have a female betta who is red with blue sheen on scales. I'm giving up on bettas for now- I've had three nice store bought males die this year with little reason. I have a couple ceramic sunken logs (large, about a foot long by eight inches high) It probabably weighs two and a half lbs. I have a mature bn pleco male. I sort of like him, but it may be more fair to him if someone is a bn. nut. By the way- I agree nearly perfectly about the other fish offered.. I use them to cycle tanks. I am getting two 30 longs this week- they will be usefull again. Shipping is probably prohibitive in this case unless you have some plants for sale too? Well, it's something to consider. My zip is 34453 if you want to check price of shipping. I have to go to work in half hour.. get back to you as soon as I can. Thanks, Jim

ppetropulo

AC Members
Jun 14, 2012
Colorado
Ok, I'll consider it. Exactly how big is the pleco.? I like the female betta, I just don't have anywhere to put her right now. Thanks for the offers!!

ppetropulo

AC Members
Jun 14, 2012
Colorado
Oh!! And I also have some FAKE plants that you could take, or a dwarf pleco. which I could include with the angel. Umm... no real plants that I can give away though. Sorry.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store