i just poured garlic juice into my prime is it still ok to use?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
so i just poured garlic juice into my prime bottle thats half full. im in the middle of a water change and i cant get anymore conditioner till sunday maybe. will this stuff still work? it was 5 ml of garlic guard.

catfish crazy

AC Members
Nov 1, 2011
Iowa
why did you pour the garlic guard into the prime, especially while in the middle of a water change? Also i would imagine the prime is still okay because i doubt the garlic guard will affect the active ingredients in prime so i would use it but just use a little bit more because it is diluted.

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
i didnt mean to. i was on the phone and i had the garlic guard poured into a cap to soak food in and then i was gonna pour it back into the container and i accidentally put it into the prime.

nerdyrcdriver

AC Members
Sep 1, 2011
USA
Real Name
Nick
I am sorry but that just made me :rofl:

I would probably try it. I know prime is really strong, maybe you could dilute it a bit (along with diluting the garlic) and just use more? Or just try it and update. Is it only one tank that will be effected? If it is, just pay close attention to the activity of the fish. If something happens, update and maybe move the fish to a different tank? Do you have a friend that is into the hobby as well? If so, I would see if they have some they could loan you.

If the water is high enough for a filter to work you can run the tank like it is now and then let the water you are going to fill the tank with sit for 24hrs and let it dechlorinate naturally. I have never done it, I dont know if you need to do anything special to make it happen.

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
I am sorry but that just made me :rofl:

I would probably try it. I know prime is really strong, maybe you could dilute it a bit (along with diluting the garlic) and just use more? Or just try it and update. Is it only one tank that will be effected? If it is, just pay close attention to the activity of the fish. If something happens, update and maybe move the fish to a different tank? Do you have a friend that is into the hobby as well? If so, I would see if they have some they could loan you.

If the water is high enough for a filter to work you can run the tank like it is now and then let the water you are going to fill the tank with sit for 24hrs and let it dechlorinate naturally. I have never done it, I dont know if you need to do anything special to make it happen.
Ok, this is really funny!! But seriously, you'll prob. be fine. Just make sure you watch everyone closely!
i dont find it funny. also i dont know anybody with tanks. i dont even tell people i have tanks. would make me look like a nerd.

ssuchem13

Tower Tank Master
Oct 4, 2011
chicagoland
Real Name
Eric
i dont find it funny. also i dont know anybody with tanks. i dont even tell people i have tanks. would make me look like a nerd.
lol me and my friends have tanks, and we throw parties all the time, girls love the tanks, not nerdy at all lol

nerdyrcdriver

AC Members
Sep 1, 2011
USA
Real Name
Nick
I think most people are somewhat interested in a good tank.

Anyway, just be glad you didnt mix it up and pour the prime on your food and the garlic stuff in the tank. :)

My guess is that it will be fine. Just when you get the chance to do a wc with normal dechlor or the natural way (waiting 24-48hrs?).

Edit:

I think I remember at the end of a video about the python (from the maker) that if you let the water flow a certain way and bubble that it dechlorinates it. But I wouldnt trust that alone.

2:40 in the video embedded here
http://www.pythonproducts.com/aqprod.html

Last edited:

Fishfiles1

AC Members
Mar 3, 2008
Lansing Michigan/Mesick Michigan
Real Name
Ben
im proud to have fish tanks i would like to see someone who thinks there disciplined, take care of 18 fish tanks that need more than weekly water changes, and more than one day feedings

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store