Odd Tank Sizes, stocking and general question.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

RobertsKitty

AC Members
Jun 17, 2010
First off I will give my eternal gratitude if someone can find out who even MAKES a tank with the same dimensions as mine. I recently picked it up from craigslist and I haven't been able to find anything with similar dimensions online. It is 20" wide, 17 7/8" deep and 30" tall.

I am trying to figure out what to put IN this tank. I know the first answer is Angelfish but I'd prefer to avoid those and remain in fresh water if at all possible. Any ideas?

tarquin375

thats no moon, it's a space station
Sep 3, 2008
Pennsylvania
Real Name
Will
Perfecto makes a 47 gallon colum aquarium which measures 20x18x30....how are you measuring it?

There are plenty freshwater Angelfish to choose from...IMO, one of the more beautiful FW fish...

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
I have a Perfecto 47 column that I'm setting up as a riparium. The height gives lots of possibilities in the way of emergent plant growth.

Wyomingite

Fish Wrangler
Oct 16, 2008
Wonderful Windy Wyoming
Real Name
Ivan
Interesting size. Not so good for faster, larger fish that need a lotta swimming room, obviously. Angels are the only "large" fish I can think of that would be reasonably comfortable in that small footprint. Maybe a leaf fish (Monocirrhus polyacanthus). Dwarf puffers. A school of small rasboras, danios or tetras and some shrimp. Platies or any of the smaller livebearers or killifish. I'd stick with smaller fish, myself, but if ya think of slower moving, medium or small fish I think ya could come up with some interesting combos. BTW, not suggestin' all of these or any of these together, just throwin' out some ideas for ya to work off of.

Also would make a nice riparium, as pointed out already. Nice deep substrate for root growth, some tall plants along the sides and a planter along the back edge for terrestrial plants. Some driftwood sticking outta the water with moss or anubias on it that may grow up the wood outta the water. Fill it maybe half way + or - with water and then stock with shrimp and maybe some small rasboras.

Have fun with it, and think outside the box a bit.

WYite

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store