What am I supposed to feed these kribs.?!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ppetropulo

AC Members
Jun 14, 2012
Colorado
So, I did end up getting some kribs., and I've had them since Tuesday, but I can't get them to eat anything!!! I tried sinking cichlid pellets, frozen brine shrimp, blood worms... but they just get it in their mouths and spit it out!!!! What am I supposed to do??? Is there anything else I should try? I can tell they're hungry, they just won't eat!! Please help, I'm so frustrated:(

Branden_Pearson

AC Members
Jun 9, 2012
Are you sure they have not been eating the food off the bottom when ur not watching. Mine have not ate in two days but they find food on the bottom and eat that.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ppetropulo

AC Members
Jun 14, 2012
Colorado
Oh I'm sure they are!! Problem is I want to be able to control their diet, so... I think I'm going to try target feeding next.

ppetropulo

AC Members
Jun 14, 2012
Colorado
Success!!! I took a little squirter I had and sucked up some blood worms, then squirted them right by the kribs., and they ate it!!! Yay!!!:dance:
Later I'll mix some moisened cichlid flakes with, and do the same thing:)

Branden_Pearson

AC Members
Jun 9, 2012
Do you know if kribs can eat baby snails? They have been picking at plants and the bottom and not eating what I feed them. I have noticed tho that my pond snail outbreak has almost completely disappeared.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ppetropulo

AC Members
Jun 14, 2012
Colorado
Yep!! Certain individuals when they get very hungry will eat pond snails and MTS. I say individuals because not every krib. will do it, but apparently your's will!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store