Decided on Discus for my big tank, some checklist help?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Nepherael

AC Members
May 11, 2012
Warsaw, IN
Real Name
Brandon
So I picked up a 125g tank that I had planned on using for SW. I am still going to have a saltwater tank (lol nothing will stop me from that, it just needs to he smaller) but I've found I just can't go this big for monetary reasons and because of the amount of tanks I already have setup.

So I've decided to go with Discus because I've wanted them since I started. I just wondered some things about my setup. What size tank can I use underneath for a wet/dry? I want to go as small as possible because of the space available under the stand. How many Discus can go in there if I want to breed (i don't know how territorial they are and if some need to be moved out when spawning the only place I have is a 55g angel tank and a 55g growout tank)? and can you give me an idea of tankmates until I get going on my research? If it helps I know that you generally go species only with Discus but I would also love to have a pair of JD's rams or apistos. Maybe not any of those 3 but if something like is allowed in there I'm interested to know along with what bottom feeders (plecos, Otos, Cory's or something larger since this is a larger tank) and other types of fish.

I know there's a user on here called Discus Dave or Dan or something and I heard he has a guide on them. I'm interested in any resources you guys may have (i will still be doing my own research and other stuff because Discus are expensive and there are specific ones I want so it'll be a while). And any little things you think are important for me to know about them (i already know they are a big commitment with feeding and cleaning and all that so no worries there).

Like I said I will definitely do research but I always feel I learn a lot from you guys so anything you can offer up would be great.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using the Monster Aquaria Network app

Nepherael

AC Members
May 11, 2012
Warsaw, IN
Real Name
Brandon
Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store