Are these fish compatible?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

PattyCakes81

AC Members
Jun 26, 2010
Staten Island, New York
Real Name
Patricia
Hi!

I have recently posted a stock list for my 20 Gallon High Tank:

1 Dwarf Gourami
10 Celestial Pearl Danios
6 Panda Corydoras
1 Zebra Nerite Snail

I also stated I wanted to get cherry shrimp too. but many of said the Gourami would make lunch of them!

i was wondering instead of the gourami can I put in a peacock gudgeon?

Is this fish compatible with the rest of the stock including the shrimp?

Thanks,
Patricia

eth0s

AC Members
Mar 28, 2012
Almost any fish will eat shrimplets if they can their mouth around em. The DG or gudgeon likely won't mess with the adult shrimps though.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

PattyCakes81

AC Members
Jun 26, 2010
Staten Island, New York
Real Name
Patricia
that should turn out to be fine. given the amount of space in the tank, though, i would be mre inclined to put neons in the tank.
Thanks jm1212! Aren't neons & cardinal tetras bigger than CPDs? I always wanted cardinal tetras since the first time I got interested in the hobby!

Almost any fish will eat shrimplets if they can their mouth around em. The DG or gudgeon likely won't mess with the adult shrimps though.

Thanks eth0s!! I guess I will go with:

1 DG or peacock gudgeon
10 Cardinal Tetras
6 Panda Cories
1 zebra Nerite Snail
10 Cherry Shrimp

I am pushing it with all the fish? Are Peacock gudgeons peaceful community fishes?

finsNfur

AC Members
May 29, 2008
Connecticut
Most gouramis would eat shrimp, mine would. Otherwise your initial stocking should be fine, or cardinals. PG's are supposed to be very peaceful.

PattyCakes81

AC Members
Jun 26, 2010
Staten Island, New York
Real Name
Patricia
I don't see anything wrong with your original idea for stock, although please keep in mind that most DG's are not really the healthiest of fish anymore.
Neons and cardinals will be bigger than cpds. The gudgeon will be fine with shrimp, I wouldn't trust a gourami though.

Most gouramis would eat shrimp, mine would. Otherwise your initial stocking should be fine, or cardinals. PG's are supposed to be very peaceful.
Thanks guys so much for your advice and tips!! I would go with my original stock list but with either a peacock gudgeon or a German Gold Ram [Saw these I like them now}! Is the care of German Gold rams difficult as Liveaquaria says?

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
Blue (gold) rams are fairly easy to keep so long as you 1) get from a good source and 2) you acclimate well. After that they are similar to most any typical fish. I'd recommend buying from a local breeder as the first option if you can.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store