stand bowing

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
today i noticed my stand is bowing. like the top board is drooping down in the middle. what should i do about this? i can move it to another stand but how do i move it? i dont want to jack up my aquascape :(

Taari

AC Members
Nov 4, 2010
You have to empty the tank completely to move it, else you risk the tank cracking or busting at the seams.

countryboy

AC Members
Jul 20, 2012
CNY
Take out the rocks ect. Remove about 60% of the water. Position new stand close to old one. Slide tank on to new stand. Remove old stand. Put new stand where you want it. Level the stand so tank is level. Put rocks ect. back in. Fill with water. Done. :worthy:

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
also what would cause this? i think another stand is doing it too. i can slide a piece of paper under the middle.

Zaffy

Why would ******* be censored?
Jul 21, 2008
Canyon Country, Ca.
that has nothing to do with the bowing of the STAND. its bowing bc theres nothing in the middle to support the tank.

can i leave the rocks, plants, and driftwood in though? id put eggcrate behind the rocks.
Your stands are junk. A proper aquarium stand will have support in the middle where it's needed.

I've moved tanks with gravel in them before, it's not ideal but in a pinch it's possible. I'd recommend taking out everything though.

AquaticAustin

AC Members
Sep 29, 2011
Orlando, Fl (UCF)
Your stands are junk. A proper aquarium stand will have support in the middle where it's needed.

I've moved tanks with gravel in them before, it's not ideal but in a pinch it's possible. I'd recommend taking out everything though.
Agree iv never had a stand bow on me at all

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
um these are made by my grandpa who is excellent at what he does. ive seen stand without anything in the middle before for like 40s and stuff how do they do that?

Jag586

AC Members
May 29, 2012
What size tank? Whats the tank made of? Whats the stand made of? It could be the wood is put up wrong all wood bows with the grain, it could be the wood got wet, it could be shrinkage of wood at different rates how long has it been bowed? Since start of summer when it got dry

Sent from my LS670 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store