Bubble nest! My dwarf gourami is building a bubble nest!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mr.bigglesworth

AC Members
Feb 19, 2012
Norcal, East Bay Area
Real Name
Ryan
Hi I looked up at the top of the water in my tank and found a massive bubble nest. its covers about a square foot of the top. I have a single male dwarf gourami in this tank and hes going crazy at the top blowing bubbles. I am concerned about the nest because the top is covered in duckweed but he seems to have built the nest underneath the duckweed. I have a male betta in the tank and they get along great should i get a female to go with him? its a 100gal discus community setup.

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
Most Gouramis and bettas will use floating plants in their bubble nest. I would not add a female because----

1) Female dwarf gouramis are hard to find.
2) If the male is ready to breed and the female is not, he will kill her.
3) If they do breed, the male will chase the female away and be a pest for the rest of the tankmates.

Ptrick125

Learning a lot everyday
Feb 2, 2012
Georgetown(Near Austin) ,Texas
www.patrick.international
Real Name
Patrick
Most Gouramis and bettas will use floating plants in their bubble nest. I would not add a female because----

1) Female dwarf gouramis are hard to find.
2) If the male is ready to breed and the female is not, he will kill her.
3) If they do breed, the male will chase the female away and be a pest for the rest of the tankmates.
Females aren't hard to find online , it would take about a minute to find some for sale

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica

mr.bigglesworth

AC Members
Feb 19, 2012
Norcal, East Bay Area
Real Name
Ryan
I don't even want to breed gouramis. Too much agression involved and I dont have the space for another specimen only tank.The only fish I REALLY want to breed are bristlenose and it would be for experience only. I've always had a thing for plecos, especially bristlenose. I guess u could say I
'Want' to breed them just like any other fish. But its just not realistic in my current situation as my parents could care less about fish and all the tanks must stay in my room which is very small not to mention upstairs with ZERO floor support. Otherwise I would have jumped on that FREE 125gal full setup I saw on craigslist a few weeks ago... I was on my knees begging for mercy trying to get my parents to understand this was a 400$ setup for free. And I could use the equipment then we could just resell the tank...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store