Feed flake

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Jag586

AC Members
May 29, 2012
My brother n law suggested feeding only flake food says he does it with all his large fish whats your views is it enough to support a 14+ inch fish?

Sent from my LS670 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

MissRedneck

Local drunk
Aug 3, 2012
In the sticks
Real Name
stubborn redneck hick
I would assume it depends on the fish, I choose hakari brand.

ppetropulo

AC Members
Jun 14, 2012
Colorado
Really?!! Have you read all the aweful stuff they put in Hikari foods?? Food coloring, preservatives, starch... Seriously, if you want your fish to be happier and healthier, I would recommend Omega One. They use only fresh seafood, and have no preservatives or food colorings! It also contains way less starch.

MissRedneck

Local drunk
Aug 3, 2012
In the sticks
Real Name
stubborn redneck hick
Really?!! Have you read all the aweful stuff they put in Hikari foods?? Food coloring, preservatives, starch... Seriously, if you want your fish to be happier and healthier, I would recommend Omega One. They use only fresh seafood, and have no preservatives or food colorings! It also contains way less starch.
Quite incorrect actually...I have been using it for years and my oscars thrive well and love it.

Jag586

AC Members
May 29, 2012
I use omega 1, its for jaguar cichlids

Jag586

AC Members
May 29, 2012
Ive tried for months for pellets no go, ive starved em for days only fed pellets still wouldnt eat

MissRedneck

Local drunk
Aug 3, 2012
In the sticks
Real Name
stubborn redneck hick
When they get hungry, they will eventually eat what is provided :)

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
INGREDIENTS: Whole Salmon, Halibut, Black Cod, Whole Herring , Whole Shrimp, Whole Krill, Wheat Flour, Wheat Gluten, Fresh Kelp, Lecithin, Astaxanthin, L-Ascorbyl-2-Phosphate (Source of Vitamin C), Natural and Artificial Colors, Vitamin A Acetate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Folic Acid, Biotin, Inositol, Tocopherol (Preservative),
Ethoxyquin (Preservative).

Pretty sure they use preservatives....

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store