is this the right silicone?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

oo7genie

Hello my fintime gal...
Nov 18, 2010
Eugene, OR
Real Name
Rick
That's the right stuff, but you may want to get it in clear as opposed to white depending on what you plan to do with it.

AquaticAustin

AC Members
Sep 29, 2011
Orlando, Fl (UCF)
I used that to reseal my 110 gallon and it works just fine but yes you must be outside or in a very ventilated room

nerdyrcdriver

AC Members
Sep 1, 2011
USA
Real Name
Nick
Even my aquarium silicon smells really bad in small quantities. Mine smells kind of like vinegar. Try to use it in a garage or on a nice day outside.

oo7genie

Hello my fintime gal...
Nov 18, 2010
Eugene, OR
Real Name
Rick
I used that to reseal my 110 gallon and it works just fine but yes you must be outside or in a very ventilated room
Actually, that's one thing it's not recommended for. While it is aquarium safe, meaning it won't harm your fish, it is not meant to withstand the pressure on the walls of a tank full of water. I'd keep a close eye on that tank, just in case.

On a side note, General Electric (GE) is not a Walmart brand. Sure, some of their products are available at Walmart, but GE predates Walmart by 70 years, founded in 1892. Thomas Edison himself was involved in the formation of the company.

AquaticAustin

AC Members
Sep 29, 2011
Orlando, Fl (UCF)
The 110 has been filled for 2+ months now with no issues, iv read its not meant for it then read people using it on much bigger tanks with no problems so I gave it a go

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store