Krib tank mates

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Branden_Pearson

AC Members
Jun 9, 2012
What are some good tank mates for kribs. It's a 30B gallon tank. Already have 9 cardinal tetras. Would like to stay away from more schooling fish. Really would love one more fish with some personality.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

vwill279

AC Members
Oct 7, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Real Name
Vanessa
Anything surface swimming would be fine. Kribs rarely leave the bottom of the tank so you could get a personable surface fish without interfering with their territory or breeding space. It might be difficult to find the right one since your tank is only 12" tall. Just be aware that keeping and breeding kribs in a community will likely reduce the number of fry that survive. Also, breeding kribs can be very aggressive, so you wouldnt want something with fins that would be damaged or that would fight back. I lost a swordtail to my female when she was guarding her fry. The swordtail just wanted to eat them all and was ignoring the krib's onslaught. She was pretty damaged before I saw what was going on and unfortunately she didnt make it.

Branden_Pearson

AC Members
Jun 9, 2012
O wow will have too look for a surface fish. My tank is 18 tall so even with the 12 inch rule for the male guarding the nest a surface fish will still have room to swim

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

geopa

AC Members
Jun 19, 2007
Watch out with cory cats, had them in a 10 gal with a pair of Krebs, one of the cats ended up minus their eyes, one of the Krebs must have gotten an attitude with the cat.

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
Watch out with cory cats, had them in a 10 gal with a pair of Krebs, one of the cats ended up minus their eyes, one of the Krebs must have gotten an attitude with the cat.
Your problem was likely because they were kept in a tank with significantly less floor space.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store