another stoking question

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

pablo1gr

AC Members
Apr 25, 2012
Hi guys, i was hoping you could tell me how many fish i can stok on a 29 gallon tank, i mean i know the 1 inch per galon rule but that is a some what confuisung. 1 inch of a guppy is not the same as a 1 inch for an angelfish correct? now my question is how many cardinal tetras, neon tetras and rummy nose tetras can live well in a thank that size, (by the way the tank 3 feet long by 16 inch tall) i would love to have more rummy nose than the other two tetras for the schooling effect, but still i want some extra color in there.

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
You are correct, which is why most people throw the "1 inch per gallon" rule out the window.

Are you going to be stocking anything besides the tetras? Generally, I think it looks better to max out the school size of one species rather than have some of each.

pablo1gr

AC Members
Apr 25, 2012
no i just want to stok it with tetras, i was thinking 10 cardinals 6 neons and 15 rummy nose, do you think is too much? i mean, the rummy tend to be a compact school and the others to be more lose, what do you think?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store