MONSTER CATFISH IS HUGE

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
I thought the 16 lb Carp I caught when I was 11 or 12 was big, but I see now I grew up in the wrong part of the country to make such claims! I did do it on 4lb test though...........that's a big fish for a little creek!

bettalover77

AC Members
May 27, 2010
Real Name
Alex
My biggest fish was a 30 inch northern pike I caught from a small lake near my house
(this lake is so small that motor boats aren't allowed on it, but it is 70 feet deep)
Nice fish btw

Ptrick125

Learning a lot everyday
Feb 2, 2012
Georgetown(Near Austin) ,Texas
www.patrick.international
Real Name
Patrick
Since y'll are mentioning biggest fish... A few years ago I caught a 12 inch catfish, the area where I fish most is probably 90% bluegill and sunfish.

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

finsNfur

AC Members
May 29, 2008
Connecticut
Growing up in Oklahoma, and vacationing further south, I used to see those types of huge catfish and big carp, especially cruising around the boat docks. People cleaning fish always tossed the skin and bones over the side. I'd watch people fish for them sometimes, it could take them literally hours to reel one in. My father threw me into the water once in an effort to teach me to swim (he still denies it to this day), and I was totally traumatized. I was scared of the water, but even more afraid of being eaten alive by those things. LOL.

I did once have an enormous catfish or carp on my fishing line when I was about 14, it was probably a good thing I didn't catch it. I didn't even realize it was on my line, just noticed the line was slack and I couldn't seem to reel it in. Suddenly there was a huge swirl and a whitish belly rolling over in the water in front of me and the hook and my line popped free, one of the three pronged hooks was completely straightened. He'd been swimming towards me all that time while I was lost in a daydream. I don't know how the hook straightened when I didn't even pull on it, the whole episode was surreal. I practically had a huge fish hop into my lap without doing a thing.

AlligatorGAR69

AC Members
Jul 2, 2012
haha thats pretty crazy. get more people to post there fish stories on this thread it is really fun to read

Wyomingite

Fish Wrangler
Oct 16, 2008
Wonderful Windy Wyoming
Real Name
Ivan
Biggest thing I've ever caught was a coffe can full of a thousand pounds of mud and rock. Well, it seemd like a thousand pounds when I was draggin' it in. :)

Biggest fish were a 23", 6 lb. cutthroat trout and a 30", 9 lb. carp.

WYite

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store