Anywhere to get custom backgrounds fitted to 5.5gal tank?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

vwill279

AC Members
Oct 7, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Real Name
Vanessa
Designing a Milwaukee Brewers themed aquarium for my nephew. I would like to have the background be the inside of Miller Park Stadium. However, I am having a really hard time finding one that fits the tank. It is an average all-glass 5.5 gallon aquarium with dimensions 16x8x10.

Any idea on how I would go about getting such a thing? If not, I guess I'll just have to use a sky image, but was really hoping to do it up right!

eth0s

AC Members
Mar 28, 2012
Are you talking 3D background or just a picture to tape to the back? If a picture is all you need just find a hi-res image and take it to Kinkos or whoever.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

nerdyrcdriver

AC Members
Sep 1, 2011
USA
Real Name
Nick
Well, find the picture you like, and bring it on a flash drive or something to a printing place such as kinkos.

platytudes

AC Members
Nov 4, 2006
Panama City, FL
Real Name
Nicole
So, you need a background 16 inches long and 10 inches tall.

Get on Google Images and download the highest resolution photo you can find of the inside of a baseball stadium. (It might be hard to find one of Miller Park, but if I'm not mistaken baseball stadiums all look kind of similar from the inside...)

Take it to a copy center such as Staples, Office Depot, Office Max, or Kinkos. It will probably run you between $15-20. They may charge extra to electronically crop it to the size you need.

nerdyrcdriver

AC Members
Sep 1, 2011
USA
Real Name
Nick
Thanks! I will try that. I hope they can laminate it too so it doesnt get damaged by any errant water when his parents clean the tank
I think most places can laminate it as well.

Sent from my LG-LS840 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store