2.5G Glass Top

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

loucas6290

Lurking Since 2005
Jan 2, 2005
Does anyone have a Marineland 2.5G and is using the standard single piece glass top ? currently, im running a small heater and airline for a sponge filter into it, but there is no where for the tube and cable to go, so the glass top is tilted awkwardly. has anyone had this problem? and if so, how have you/think you should combat it?

loucas6290

Lurking Since 2005
Jan 2, 2005
Since posting this, i have formulated a different plan. using a glass cutting blade, i cut a 45 angle into one corner which allowed enough room for anything wires to go in with a flat top and without too much room. if anyone wants pictures of how i did it, ill be glad to show you.

oo7genie

Hello my fintime gal...
Nov 18, 2010
Eugene, OR
Real Name
Rick
I'm always interested in seeing DIY pictures

loucas6290

Lurking Since 2005
Jan 2, 2005
nice! I was going to suggest getting some acrylic from home depot
Thats a great idea that completely slipped my mind! i have a very interesting shaped tank that i might have to do this for. its a "Deep Blue Professional" brand 5.5G Long designed for Bettas. its something like 8HX16LX8W (dont quote me on that), but its got a single piece glass top just like this. if i wanted to put a small HOB, id have to modify it some how, or now replace the top with acrylic!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store