Krib. attacking other Krib.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ppetropulo

AC Members
Jun 14, 2012
Colorado
I got a pair of kribs. about a week and a half ago, and the person I bought them from said they were a pair, but from what I can see, she may have lied. At the beggining they were fine. They would go everywhere together!! But now, whenever the male sees the female, he charges her, and she just swims away rather frantically. Do you think they'll come to like eachother any more? Are they still just settling in? Should I remove one for a while, then re-intro. the two? I don't want anyone to get hurt!! Please help!

Wyomingite

Fish Wrangler
Oct 16, 2008
Wonderful Windy Wyoming
Real Name
Ivan
I'd rearrange the decor and/or add some rocks or driftwood to break up the line-of-sight along the bottom before I'd remove one. Make sure ya have plenty of cover for each. I've had pairs that fell apart once they ended up in my tanks at home, so don't be sure that ya were lied to. IME, kribs pair up almost as easily as convicts, though, so if they're a male and female they very well may pair up again once they're settled in a bit more. If ya end up removin' one, remove the male and allow the female to establish that tank as "hers". Make sure to rearrange the decor after ya remove him. When ya reintroduce the male, she'll be comfortable and he should be a bit more "humble". This will also give her time to become conditioned to spawn.

WYite

Oct 31, 2009
CA
Real Name
Sho
I think the male wants to breed and the female isn't ready yet. Just have a lot of cover and hiding for the female.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store