New filter on the 55g

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

stephybabe88

AC Members
Aug 8, 2010
Texas
Periodically, my boyfriend gets frustrated on the amount of money and time I spend on my tanks. Well, the other day I found a good deal on Amazon for an Aqueon 55/75 hob filter, so I snagged it up. I got my package the other day and got the usual "Ugh! Really?..." so I put everything together but was having a hard time getting it on the tank and gave up for the time being. So this morning I was looking at it sitting all pretty and shiny and new on the table and thought "I need to get that in the tank so he won't have to keep looking at it". I was having issues again due to the placement of my tank (up against the wall, under the bar) and ended up having to take out my big cave-thingy, disassemble parts of the filter, and remove the darn lights. I didn't expect to have to do all that when I started, but of course, he had to walk out in the living room right as I was knee deep in this with parts surrounding me, at 5AM!! LOL!!! What a way to start the day!!

Fish_Bone

AC Members
Jun 14, 2012
Central Illinois
Real Name
Samual
Lmao sounds like your in trouble!

Don't feel bad though, anytime I take on a new hobby/ project the wife knows I will eat sleep and breath it until I am satisfied or hit a stopping point (lack of funds or info) . Good luck!

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

stephybabe88

AC Members
Aug 8, 2010
Texas
Lol!!

He was like ”what the *#$* are you doing?! It's 5 o'clock in the morning!”. My reply? ”putting my new filter on :)” as I was holding up the 48” light fixture! Acting as innocent as possible of course!

countryboy

AC Members
Jul 20, 2012
CNY
Are you going to have to do all that to clean hob?

stephybabe88

AC Members
Aug 8, 2010
Texas
A thorough cleaning, yes, but routine media rinse and change, no.
I kinda did some of that process this morning backwards and without thinking it through since it was too early. I had already taken half of it apart by the time I thought about removing parts from the filter that were keeping it.from going into place. Had I done that first, I would not have had to remove the lights. I had to remove the rock cave to move the old filter to the other side.
Needless to say, I won't be trying to do anything like that again at 5am.

chibikaie

AC Members
Nov 19, 2011
New England, USA
Five am is a terrible time to do anything, poor you!

I know what you mean about spending money. I get a lot of flak because my fish is a rescued feeder. Her tank cost $100 and I already need to upgrade it! Grr.

Spencer133

Registered Member
Aug 17, 2012
He should be happy that you're so interested in something like that, there's many hobbies that you could take up when you're not even in the house! ha 5am is a little outrageous though to be fair.

My other half was against it all when I started but she's now really enjoying it, when I let her feed the fish she loves it (which isn't very often as she won't help me with the pwc).

Good luck with it all though and I'm sure he'll get over it.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store