Best food?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

nerdyrcdriver

AC Members
Sep 1, 2011
USA
Real Name
Nick
Hey everyone, my food is getting low, and it is almost a year old. So the nutritional value has probably gone down. I am going to stop by petco on my way home from work and pick up some more food. What brand is the most nutritional for fish? Other than tropical flakes, what else should I get?

I currently have
guppies
long finned zebra danios
a betta (he has betta min)
a dwarf gourami

The dwarf seems to be a bit picky on what he eats. He wouldnt eat the tropical flakes (spat them out). It seems like he eats betta min but I have seen him spit some of it out. I think he just looks for the brine shrimp in it.

I have some brine shrimp hatching right now that I will probably feed to them.

I plan on getting corrys as well. So what should I get for them?

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
id get nls small fish pellets and see if there is an nls bottom feeder pellet(im not sure) if there isnt get shrimp pellets and hikari algae wafers for the bottom dwellers. nls is the best food on the market IMO.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
i'm a big fan of NLS and Omega One foods. my community tank never turns down the nls flake, and my oscar and polleni enjoy the omega floating cichlid pellets (just wish i could find them in a slightly larger size).

what i found for a good cory food was the omega shrimp pellets. they sink quickly, so the cories would get them and the upper fish in the tank would hardly see them fall past.

nerdyrcdriver

AC Members
Sep 1, 2011
USA
Real Name
Nick
Well I stopped by petco on my way home. The best I found for normal fish food was omega one. They had some hikari stuff, but no flakes or pellets. Just algae wafers and various other things like that. Idk if hikari makes any normal food or not. But I was tempted to get the freeze dried brine shrimp. I will probably pick them up next time. until then I will try the brine shrimp I am trying to hatch.

nerdyrcdriver

AC Members
Sep 1, 2011
USA
Real Name
Nick
I think I saw some ocean nutrition stuff, but it was down by the freeze dried shrimps and stuff. It was like $6 or $7 too. I donated a tennis ball ($1) and got omega one for $4. But I got the smallest thing of omega one. The ocean nutrition probably had more food in it.

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
Ocean nutrition beats omega one IMO, b.c omega has too many fish bones it's annoying
what do you mean by it has fish bones? yes, it has fish ingredients, most likely containing some ground up fish bone here and there, but there are no visible bones, and i don't see how it could be 'annoying'. i don't think any processed/dry fish food would have 'annoying' bones in it.

oo7genie

Hello my fintime gal...
Nov 18, 2010
Eugene, OR
Real Name
Rick
This is where I've been getting my food since jetajockey (from the AC forums here) stopped selling his Aquarisms line. I've been very happy with it, as have my fish. The pricing is very reasonable, far less than retail store brands, and there's a very large variety.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store