Female Guppy Pregnant

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

felix453

AC Members
Apr 21, 2012
I have a few guppies in a 20 gallon aquarium and one appears very pregnant. I put her in a breeder trap but I was wondering when she's likely to give birth? At this point her black spot is more like a band because they've connected! Thanks!

ppetropulo

AC Members
Jun 14, 2012
Colorado
Hmmm... she sounds really close to me!! I would bet within the next week. Of course, now with the slight bit of stress from being moved, she may hold them for dear life!! But don't worry, she'll come soon. You may even wake up in the morning with little wigglers everywhere!!

livebearerfreak

you are hypnotized! LOL
May 31, 2005
fairchild wi 54741
Real Name
douglas harvey
i would get her out of the breeder net ASAP.. its like a female human giving birth in a closet thats not even 6 by 6. i would get her to a spare tank. many female livebearers die giving birth in the breeder net. plus the stress of seeing other fish is another thing that causes livebearers to pass away in breeder boxs.. so get her into a tank ASAP.

MissRedneck

Local drunk
Aug 3, 2012
In the sticks
Real Name
stubborn redneck hick
Ive used breeder traps all the time with my guppies so that she or any of the other guppies do not eat the fry. Just after she has them put her back in the original tank :)

vwill279

AC Members
Oct 7, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Real Name
Vanessa
I can tell to within a day or so when my females are going to drop. They get this squared off look that is just telling. When they look square, I move them to the birthing tank if it is open or one of the breeder nets if she's a small, younger female.

felix453

AC Members
Apr 21, 2012
Yeah I'm going to stick with the breeder box just because if she doesn't give birth in the next day or two I'll be very suprised. Thanks for all the help so far!

livebearerfreak

you are hypnotized! LOL
May 31, 2005
fairchild wi 54741
Real Name
douglas harvey
breeder box stresses the fish out i and many others have had livebearers die in breeder boxes.. i would get a smaller tank ( 5 gallons would work )

fshfanatic

AC Members
Apr 7, 2006
Arizona
Real Name
Mike
i would get her out of the breeder net ASAP.. its like a female human giving birth in a closet thats not even 6 by 6. i would get her to a spare tank. many female livebearers die giving birth in the breeder net. plus the stress of seeing other fish is another thing that causes livebearers to pass away in breeder boxs.. so get her into a tank ASAP.
Wow, really? Lmao u are comparing a human giving birth in a closet to a guppy? ****..

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store