CrayFish Anyone?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

missymoo

AC Members
Jan 17, 2004
Visit site

missymoo

AC Members
Jan 17, 2004
Visit site
and getting huge...last month he ate one of his tank mates...a betta

so now he lives alone
:(

Traci

AC Members
Jun 27, 2003
Austin, Texas
Visit site
I have 4 myself. 3 p. alleni (florida electric blues) in a 30long and 1 o. immunis is a 10g. They are my primary inhabitants in those tanks. I tailor my other fish to meet their requirements, and anticipate some predation, so I don't stock anything expensive. My crays are all from Bob at BlueCrayfish.com

ETA: I posted 3 pics from photobucket but they were HUGE and screwed up the formatting of the forum, so please see below for a link. Pictures on that page include Maray (mommy), Cam (daddy), Shane (surviving baby) - all p. alleni, and Tori the o. immuni, as well as various African cichlids from my dad's 55.

see more of my aquarium picture

Last edited:

Wippit Guud

///\\oo//\\\
Sep 27, 2002
PEI, Canada
Meh, bans suck.

He's not actually an 'electric blue', that's a species from Florida. Mine is from Australia - Cherax Quadricarinatus (called Quads). They get blue in them because of an affect that flourescent light has on the them, it's not their normal color... mine actually has quite a bit of reddish-orange in him, trying to match the sand, I guess.

He's also missing a claw at the moment. He decided to leave the tank, fall 4 ft, and meet the cat.

blitzen25bm

AC Members
Jan 28, 2003
Visit site
heres the one right here. i have other types in other tanks but im too lazy to go get pictures of them.

mrpinchers.jpg

blitzen25bm

AC Members
Jan 28, 2003
Visit site
oh yea hes a cherax destructor. anyone with a blue knight for sale let me know

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store