how to use a canister filter on a tank on the floor?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
i have my 55 temporarily on the floor and i need to hook up my cascade 700 to it but i cant figure out how to cut the tube things so that it will work. has anybody used a canister with a tank on the floor?

AquaticAustin

AC Members
Sep 29, 2011
Orlando, Fl (UCF)
So broxten is just a troll. He just said he has 400 dogs and thay crayfish are poisonous to fish lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Narwhal72

AC Members
Aug 13, 2009
You probably can't run the canister on the floor as there is not enough height difference between the top of the tank and the top of the canister for a siphon to start.

Andy

mellowvision

Seafood Lover
May 17, 2007
Brooklyn NY
www.mellowvision.com
Real Name
Bill Brissette
actually, I run 2 tanks in the same fashion, with the canister on the table next to the tank. I use Eheim cans, 2215 and 2217, and they will work this way. It is harder to get them primed, and you have to shut in and out flow valves before performing waterchanges to avoid lowering the water level in the canister. For priming, I usually have an extra eheim hose, with the correct disconnect end on one end, so I can attach it to the return hose on the filter, and start the siphon into a bucket. Then I reattach the outflow to the tank and open the valve back up.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store