Starting To Keep Fish Again...Empty 29 gal tank...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

SeverinBarbossa

Barbossa lover!
Jun 9, 2008
The Black Pearl
I used to be on this forum frequently back in 2008 and part of early 2009 but quit keeping fish after all my fishies passed on in 09, especially after my favorite goldie, Koehler, died. But now, several years later, I'm starting to keep fish again...just a couple goldies (feeders that looked too cool to be eaten) and a few guppy fry I saw at the local PetsMart and they gave them to me for free (since they're not part of inventory). They're separated so no worries about the gups getting munched.

I've got a 29 gal tank that I want to pull out and cycle and stock but I've got no idea what to put in it... The goldies and gups already have their homes sorted out...it's just the 29 gal I don't know what to do with.

I like the fancier plecos...what can get along with them?

All advice and ideas are welcome...:cool:

Ptrick125

Learning a lot everyday
Feb 2, 2012
Georgetown(Near Austin) ,Texas
www.patrick.international
Real Name
Patrick
You could get a bristlenose pleco in there...

If you skipped the pleco you could get a nice school of tetras or danios and an electric blue crayfish. I have one and I really like it... ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1345851124.466148.jpg
ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1345851140.420605.jpg

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1345851124.466148.jpg ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1345851140.420605.jpg

Ptrick125

Learning a lot everyday
Feb 2, 2012
Georgetown(Near Austin) ,Texas
www.patrick.international
Real Name
Patrick
I used to be on this forum frequently back in 2008 and part of early 2009 but quit keeping fish after all my fishies passed on in 09, especially after my favorite goldie, Koehler, died. But now, several years later, I'm starting to keep fish again...just a couple goldies (feeders that looked too cool to be eaten) and a few guppy fry I saw at the local PetsMart and they gave them to me for free (since they're not part of inventory). They're separated so no worries about the gups getting munched.

I've got a 29 gal tank that I want to pull out and cycle and stock but I've got no idea what to put in it... The goldies and gups already have their homes sorted out...it's just the 29 gal I don't know what to do with.

I like the fancier plecos...what can get along with them?

All advice and ideas are welcome...:cool:
I hope you can rehome the goldfish, they do best in 55 gallon tanks or more. They are big waste producers and they can have their growth stunted if they are in a smaller tank.

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store