Upside down aquarium?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ppetropulo

AC Members
Jun 14, 2012
Colorado
I'm thinking about setting up an upside down aquarium, but wanted to know what the upkeep was... Like, do you have to somehow circulate air, or just water? Thanks!

Zaffy

Why would ******* be censored?
Jul 21, 2008
Canyon Country, Ca.
The water will all come out when you turn it upside down.

COpathfindin

AC Members
Jun 3, 2011
Continental Devide, CO
Real Name
Sam
the goal in that type of set up is to have everything running through water flow. Good luck with this idea, hope you go through with it

COpathfindin

AC Members
Jun 3, 2011
Continental Devide, CO
Real Name
Sam
I saw one once which was a reefscape. the live rock went up the vertical portion of the tank.. it boggeled my mind. The only one I have seen in person, and it was like 100 gallons. would be cool to see a planted FW version with tons of rotala or val of some sort

AbbeysDad

AC Members
Nov 7, 2011
Real Name
Michael
A novelty aquarium, but not really very practical. Each to his own, I guess.
It appears you would most likely need a power head in the top to circulate the water, but no air bubblers as air could become trapped in the top tank. It also requires an internal filter (I'm not a fan of).

BucketFishWife

AC Members
May 29, 2012
There are a couple of videos on YouTube on how to make a tank like that... I googled it to see what the heck you were talking about :) but one guy made it look super easy... Good luck!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store