Breeding tiger shrimp

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mr.bigglesworth

AC Members
Feb 19, 2012
Norcal, East Bay Area
Real Name
Ryan
A fellow hobbyist just gave me 4 tiger shrimp. Their might be a 5th, unsure. And a ton of guppy grass for free. I put them in a 10g with a divider. The tank has an injured cichlid on 1 side and the shrimps on the other. Fyi the shrimps CANNOT go through the divider. I guarantee you they are safe. It is impenetrable. So I was wondering what my chances of breeding them are? Are they easy like cherries? Even if I don't have both sexes that's not a major concern, I don't mind buying 1 or 2 more. Advice?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Oct 31, 2009
CA
Real Name
Sho
I never got mine to breed for me. I had better luck with my CRS.

mr.bigglesworth

AC Members
Feb 19, 2012
Norcal, East Bay Area
Real Name
Ryan
I'd really like to know if its possible. My water is soft and the ph is 6.4 in the tank. Btw, the divider has holes about 5 picometers long. just to give you an example, 1 picometer is invisible to the naked eye. And the shrimps still havent escaped 1 day later so I know their ok.

Kaosu

AC Members
Oct 22, 2010
Washington State
never had a problem getting my tigers to breed..good food and clean water, lots of plants help too..mine are alone in a 25g and they breed out of control.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store