Tank mates for these types of fish US natives

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jayla2251

AC Members
Jul 1, 2012
Wichita, KS
www.facebook.com
Real Name
Jayla
I have been looking all over the net, but since these aren't the "normal" fish in the aquarium hobby there's not a whole lot of info on tankmates, etc.

Swamp darters. I have read that they do eat snails. My guess is ramhorns, pond snails, etc smaller types. What about mystery snails? I have just started off with 30 or so ramhorns in my 55g planted and wouldn't want to wipe them out.

Flagfish. What would be possible tank mates. Do you think they could be kept with marbled crayfish, as I've read some are aggressive and other are not.

Blue spotted sunfish. Could I keep a few in my 55g planted tank? Sorry can't figure out how the change the background font color :(

55g fully planted community: 3 angles, 11 swordtails, 3 australian rainbowfish, dwarf gourami, 3 cory cats, "pit bull" pleco, 3 black neons, mystery snails, red ramhorns, and MTS

jayla2251

AC Members
Jul 1, 2012
Wichita, KS
www.facebook.com
Real Name
Jayla
55g fully planted community: 3 angles, 11 swordtails, 3 australian rainbowfish, dwarf gourami, 3 cory cats, "pit bull" pleco, 3 black neons, mystery snails, red ramhorns, and MTS

jayla2251

AC Members
Jul 1, 2012
Wichita, KS
www.facebook.com
Real Name
Jayla
*angels :pc:

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
I have a 75 that currently holds a similar mix, including the Angels, small Tetras, Tesselated Darters, and Banded Sunfish. My only issue is feeding the Tesselates. Ime Swamp Darters will learn to eat anything you throw at them, but my Tesselates still haven't taken to flakes or pellets after almost 2 months.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store