Powerhead

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Entold

AC Members
Jan 18, 2012
I was considering getting a powerhead for my 20L freshwater. Do you think it'll benefit the tank? Is it worth it?

Wren

AC Members
Mar 27, 2011
Iowa
Real Name
Lisa
I use power heads to power my undergravel filters (quieter than air stones). Why do you think you need a powerhead??
wren

Entold

AC Members
Jan 18, 2012
Im not sure. My tank is rather blah and Im looking for something to spice it up. The powerhead I wanted is a powerhead, circulator and utility pump. Id only get one with like 400gph. Nothing ridiculous.

nerdyrcdriver

AC Members
Sep 1, 2011
USA
Real Name
Nick
Im not sure. My tank is rather blah and Im looking for something to spice it up. The powerhead I wanted is a powerhead, circulator and utility pump. Id only get one with like 400gph. Nothing ridiculous.
400gph plus your filtration would make it kind of hard for fish to swim around.

The only reason to have one in a tank of that size is ugf or rugf.

Sent from my LG-LS840 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

countryboy

AC Members
Jul 20, 2012
CNY
Marineland maxi jet 400? That'll be fine. I have one and the gph is not what's advertised. I use mine as an intank polisher. I have a soda bottle on the power head with bonded filter media inside the bottle. Cleans allot of the free floating "stuff". Don't know if that is what you mean by "spiced up". I have it on a 55 gal. by the way.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store