20 long

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Paintballer99

AC Members
Jul 1, 2009
Hey guys,

I currently have 3 giant danios in my 20 long, with 2 sae's in as well. I plan on moving the danios out and replacing them with smaller fish. I want to get some RCS for the tank, so i was thinking just some simple neon tetras. My question is, are there any other smaller fish that could go with the RCS and how many neons should i get?
Thanks

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
Glowlight tetras will work as well as say some black neons. Although you will need to keep the tank down to 78 (which is where I keep all of mine),Whitecloud Mountain Minnows will work.

In my 20H I keep Serpae Testras, blackskirts, and giant danios as well as a single marmorkreb cray. It appears the fish are eating the crays fry as I havent fond any during the last 3 months. The good news is that I don't have a ton of fry to get rid of. Sometimes I also keep tigerbarbs in with them. All these guys are fin nippers and due to the quantities it stay con specific.

TL1000RSquid

AC Members
Apr 6, 2011
NY
Is the tank planted pretty good? If the shrimp especially any babies have places to hide you could add a couple slightly larger fish. My tanks are fairly heavily planted and have a nice ball of java moss, I've managed to keep my shrimp population growing and have/had dwarf gouramis, Rams, Platys, Guppies, Betta, Kuhlis, BN Plec, Cories, Cherry Barbs, Neons, Oto's. They all left adult RCS alone(gourami's, betta's may come down to individual personality) and some babies get eaten but my population is still increasing.

I'd go with 6-8 neons minimum.

Paintballer99

AC Members
Jul 1, 2009
I just looked a little into rams, and adding one would be pretty cool. How would 8 neons and a german blue ram do? My tank is planted right now, but im adding more plants soon so i can probably add shrimp eventually

Paintballer99

AC Members
Jul 1, 2009
Actually I'm not hahaha they're called algae eaters from petsmart. I wanted to get otos but they didn't have any and I thought these were similar

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Paintballer99

AC Members
Jul 1, 2009
Oh boy. Looks like I made a mistake lol it says they can get up to 11" which I obviously can't have in my 20. I guess I'll have to find them a new home once they get bigger and replace them with some otos

Paintballer99

AC Members
Jul 1, 2009
Yeah I think I'll keep an eye out for Otos so I can find whatever I have another home lol. For the blue rams? My tank is usually around the lower 80s in temp but my ph is like a 7.2 ish. The water around here is pretty hard. Is it possible that they'll do ok?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store