Arduino help needed

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

khmerspec

WanaBAhReefer
May 17, 2008
Sacramento, Ca
www.5linx.net
Real Name
Van
I've had my led and arduino parts for about a month now, and finally started putting things together. I've come across a problem with the SainSmart 1602 lcd sheild.

I cannot figure out the pin usage for the display! Every site I look up says pin 4-10 is used. Well, when I look at the board in my hand, and the board in the picture, there isn't a label for pins 8, 9, and 10!

This is what is labeled on the board:
VSS VDD VO RS RW E D0 D1 D2 D3 D4 D5 D6 D7 A K

I tried mixing pins around, and after an hour my eyes hurt and I'm tried. Please help!

NOTE: The lcd works just fine when I mount directly on the other board. But then I cannot use my shield with the breadboard.

nerdyrcdriver

AC Members
Sep 1, 2011
USA
Real Name
Nick
So if you place it directly on the shield on top of the arduino it works? If that is the case, why not just run wires from the pins on the shield to the breadboard? I guess it would help to have a little more info.

Did you program the arduino the way you want it?

Sent from my LG-LS840 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

khmerspec

WanaBAhReefer
May 17, 2008
Sacramento, Ca
www.5linx.net
Real Name
Van
I was finally able to get it working.

I did not want to mount the lcd directly on top, because then it would cover all of the pins, and I wouldn't be able to connect the led drivers.

Still working on it to get this project completed.

nerdyrcdriver

AC Members
Sep 1, 2011
USA
Real Name
Nick
Glad you got it working. This stuff can be frustrating sometimes. I was at school and wrote 4 pages of c++ code fo class. I was getting all kinds of errors. I could not figure it out. It turned out I had an extra comma or something like that.

Sent from my LG-LS840 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store