Recommend mid-sized schooling fish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mr.bigglesworth

AC Members
Feb 19, 2012
Norcal, East Bay Area
Real Name
Ryan
Emperor tetras, rainbowfish

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Hmmm... no thanks on the tetras, rainbowfish look great but boesemani gets WAY to big for me. Furcata and threadfin are way too small. I already have a school of cardinals I was thinkng some mid-sized fish (2.5" minimul-4" at the most) 3" is preferable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

kissofcrimson

AC Members
Aug 14, 2012
North Carolina, USA
Blackline penguin fish, Bleeding Heart Tetras, Congo Tetras, type of neon (black, gold, reg), Red Eye tetras.. many species out there.

I personally like bhts & emps. What about Turquiose? They don't get as large & are really beautiful.

Sent from my LGL55C using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

mr.bigglesworth

AC Members
Feb 19, 2012
Norcal, East Bay Area
Real Name
Ryan
Are their any barbs that don't nip to much? I like the tiger barbs because of the tall body shape seems to contrast well with slimline schooling fish like neons and stuff. If theirs any others like this let me know.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

kissofcrimson

AC Members
Aug 14, 2012
North Carolina, USA
Cherry, Gold or Rosy barbs. Most barb species tend to be nippy unless housed with many of their fellow species, so if you have a good number of them they will ignore the other fish.

Sent from my LGL55C using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

tolawdjk

AC Members
Sep 8, 2010
Celebes rainbows are bigger bodied than Furcatas. Barbs aren't really schooling fish so much as they appear to be an ongoing Three Stooges skit mixed in with a game of junior high "grabass".

kissofcrimson

AC Members
Aug 14, 2012
North Carolina, USA
Celebes rainbows are bigger bodied than Furcatas. Barbs aren't really schooling fish so much as they appear to be an ongoing Three Stooges skit mixed in with a game of junior high "grabass".
Ha interesting way to explain it lol Yeah they don't school much but are very pretty fish to have.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store