will not buy from that one big box store again!! plus a question?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
so ive bought atleast 6 julii corys by now from a big box store and eery single one died in quarentine(not all were quarentined at the same time) every time id go in to get a refund theyd tell me to stop doing such big water changes and then they told me that you had to have gravel or you should do even less of a water change. they even told me they were dieing bc it was bare bottom and they couldnt eat off of that. anyway i will be special ordering them from my awesome local fish store soon.

now for my question. i want to move my sponge filter to my goldfish tank. it was in the quarentine so should i do anything to it before putting it in there?

rufioman

"That guy"
Aug 16, 2010
Northern Arizona, USA.
Real Name
Heath
I bought 4 juliis and 16 rasboras from my big box for my 30g tall, as well as 90% of the fish in my other tanks, and had no problems. I'm guessing it's your tank. Good luck!

:cheers:

Nereus7

AC Members
Jul 30, 2012
Just buy a new sponge, they're dirt cheap. Why risk fish that aren't.

On a deeper note, I'd like to know why these fish are dieing. - N

Nereus7

AC Members
Jul 30, 2012
Why can't you say the name of the store btw? What's the name of this store, and location? - N

Nereus7

AC Members
Jul 30, 2012
You can make them pretty easily.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store